Monday, June 8, 2009

Pretty on Steroids

We see them all around, usually when we are in our 20's , up in the club, on videos or things like that. Sometimes thought we meet them in real life. I am talking about women who are pretty, and i mean unquestionably pretty, and they have their hair done, tips on their nails, boobs pushed up, tight dress hugging the curves, colored contacts, and perhaps even injections and implants here and there- depends on the woman. I see these woman and of course I think- wow they are pretty, but i can't help but wonder what they would look like if they took off the fake nails,didn't wear the lashes, etc. Most times I come to the conclusion that this woman would still be pretty without all that stuff. So why the need for all the extra fluff? Its like overkill and leaves me thinking "do you ever take a day off?"

When women take "pretty" to this extreme I call it pretty on steroids. ALL of their natural beauty is enhanced but in a very obvious way. I am all for enhncement of what you already have. I wear makeup everyday- but you can't tell. I work out and eat well- but i don't deprive myself. I do my hair, but don't feel the need for extensions and frequent visits to the salon to keep up with all the other women out there. I have small lips but will not go so far as lip injections. Usually when you get work done thats exaclty what your face looks like- that you have had work done. What it comes down to is that if you feel the need to do all that extra crap to your appearance it doesn't matter if the rest of the world sees you as pretty or not becasue you obviously do not see yourself that way. If you find yourself spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars each month just to "look good," you need to reevaluate why you want to change all these things about yourself. All the the botox, push up and skin tight clothes in the world is not a substitute for real confidence or real self esteem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty on Steroids = beautifully wrapped gift box with all the trimmings and pretty much nothing inside!

It's over compensation honey. If you're stunningly beautiful, well then you won't be pressed to uphold conversation, or even think for that matter... Character (good or otherwise) isn't important. You just have dozens of followers worshipping the empty box.