Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Over It

One of the things i love to do most in NYC is people watch. That's part of the reason I don't mind taking the train all the time and walking from school to school for my job. I think that there is no other place in the world like NYC and one of my favorite things i love about his place is the fashion forwardness if you will. That being said, i need to address some thing I have been noticing and trends that are in my opinion - defunct.

Uggs- The boot Uggs. The camel ones. Sooooooo over it. Wake up people, you just spent 130 on a pair of fuzzy lined boots that you can't even wear when it snows. Everyone and their mother has them and they are PLAYED OUT. Put them away. Give them away, throw them away. I don't care what you do with them really but they were not very cute when they first came out and they still aren't. They are reminiscent of camel feet, which leads people to think of camel toe, and ladies- you don't want to be associated with that!

The Faux Hawk hair bump thing- If they start making infomercials on how you can create it " fast and easy, and you get two more free if you order now!" using some plastic thing, the trend is over. First of all this hairstyle is not for everyone, lets be real. if you have a five head, or long face, its gonna be a no on the faux hawk bump. Yes I have been guilty of rocking it once or twice but it was because i was in a bind and i was growing out my blunt cut bangs. . .which by the way are on their way out too. . .Tyra wore those things to death. . .Anyway, as a general principle if everyone is doing/wearing it, it gets old fast. I am so disappointed- this is NY, where is the creativity? I am ready for something new!

Ballet flats. Over 'em. Personally they kill my feet because of the lack of support and again everyone has them. They are only good for work. There are much cuter flat shoes coming out that aren't quite "ballet" style and you best believe I am going to snatch up the pair I saw last night on my way home as soon as I get my spring/summer money together.

That's all for now!

xoxo
GG

No comments: